Did you have a busy week? Here’s a tech news recap of articles you may have missed for the week of 04/17/2017!
Major announcements made at AWS Summit. Microsoft Azure launches 3 new tools to speed migration to the hybrid cloud and optimize deployment. 1,175 hotels listed in payment card breach of Holiday Inn parent company. Microsoft is buying the company, Intentional Software, to build apps for the future. Job seekers on ZipRecruiter being targeted by scams and more tops news this week you may have missed!
Remember, to stay up-to-date on the latest tech news throughout the week, follow @GreenPagesIT on Twitter.
Tech News Recap
- AWS Portsmouth User Group is official!
- 20 years of AWS: Time flies when you’re winning
- Here’s everything announced at Wednesday’s AWS Summit
- Meet the new Microsoft Edge: 5 key improvements with Creators Update
- Microsoft patched ‘NSA hack’ Windows flaws before leak
- Microsoft Azure launches 3 new tools to speed migration to hybrid cloud and optimize deployment
- Top five Hyper-V 2016 features in Windows Server
- Microsoft is buying company, Intentional Software, to build apps for the future
- Microsoft commits to twice updates Windows 10, Office 365
- Microsoft is reportedly eyeing this cloud monitoring company
- VMware Horizon 7.1 updates boost remote user experience
- Cisco issues 7 “high priority” security advisories; Firepower, iOS, and ASA issues among them
- Microsoft, AWS, and Google may have just started the next cloud computing price war
- Cloud as a check and balance for on-premises systems
- McAfee Linkedin page hijacked
- Prisoners create their own IT team inside an Ohio Prison, go on a cyber crime spree
- Trojan malware targets tax-filer, as if filing taxes isn’t bad enough already
- IoT malware clashes in a botnet territory battle
- 1,175 hotels listed in payment card breach of Holiday Inn parent company
- Ransomware is now so awful it’s actually making us take security seriously
- Oracle drops massive 299 vulnerability patch, fixes Shadow Broker exploit
- Job seekers on ZipRecruiter being targeted by scams via email and text
- Terrified about cyber-ninjas? You may be missing the real threat
- Unacknowledged data breach leads to millions of game accounts exposed
- Hackers use old Stuxnet-related bug to carry out attackers
This is just ridiculous…
- Find My iPhone helps nab thief at Coachella that stole 100 iPhones
Join us at Boston Summer VMUG UserCon on Thursday, June 1, 2017!
By Jake Cryan, Digital Marketing Specialist