If you had a busy week last week and need to catch up, here’s a tech news recap of articles you may have missed for the week of 05/01/2017!
Cisco is paying $160 million for networking startup, Viptela. Cloud vs on-premises, finding the right balance. What’s next for hybrid cloud? How software-defined networking is evolving far from where it began. How to strike ransomware out. Nutanix expands software footprint and more tops news this week you may have missed!
Remember, to stay up-to-date on the latest tech news throughout the week, follow @GreenPagesIT on Twitter.
Tech News Recap
- CIOs & The Life Sciences Industry Part 3: Factors Overlooked When Changing Your Cloud
- Microsoft gears up to retake the classroom, with Windows Software and Surface Tablets
- Microsoft’s Tuesday event: What to expect from its Chromebook response
- Microsoft to cut update ties between Edge and Windows 10
- How Microsoft plans to reinvent business productivity
- Windows 10 S: It’s for enterprise, too
- Cisco is paying $610 million for this networking startup, Viptela
- Cisco fires back at VMware decision to whack third party virtual switches
- Cisco’s head dealmaker on Viptela, AppDynamics, Silicon and more
- Cisco drops critical security warning on VPN router, 3 high-priority caveats
- Citrix ShareFile adds more features for Mac users
- Cloud vs on-premises: Finding the right balance
- Microsoft and Google riding the cloud wave, with cloud-based services and infrastructure
- State of the cloud: Microsoft surges, AWS drives company’s operating profit
- How hybrid cloud is strengthening Fitness First
- CIO roadmap: What’s next for hybrid cloud?
- Cloud spending to outpace overall IT investment, report finds
- Benefits of virtualized storage infrastructure
- Software Defined Networking is evolving far from where it began
- It’s time to implement virtualization in healthcare, says an analyst
- Explore the features and functions of VDI monitoring tools
- Nutanix expands software footprint with HPE, Cisco, offers more pricing operations
- What HPE server support means for the future of the Nutanix ecosystem
- Stealthy Mac malware spies on encrypted browser traffic
- How the insurance industry could change the game for security
- Vulnerability hits Intel enterprise PCs going back 10 years
- May 4th, World Password Day reminds everyone to pick a stronger password
- SMBs continue to be a target of cybercriminals
- Criminals turning to fraudulent gift cards, retailers and other businesses increase security measures
- Sneaky Gmail phishing attack fools with fake Google Docs app
- Face it: Enterprise cyberattacks are going to happen
- Barracuda protects industrial IoT with network-based firewall
- How to strike ransomware out
- Snake cyberespionage malware is ready to bite Mac users
- Cybercrime group abuses Windows app compatibility feature
Join us at Boston Summer VMUG UserCon on Thursday, June 1st, 2017!
By Jake Cryan, Digital Marketing Specialist