Did you have a busy week? Here’s a tech news recap of articles you may have missed for the week of 04/10/2017!
New vSphere 6.5 features. Cisco fortifies storage throughput, analytics. Microsoft patches serious Word bug. How to avoid getting hooked by phishing scams. Shadow Brokers dump contained Solaris hacking tools. Cisco runs out two “critical” security warnings for IOS, Apache Struts. Windows Vista reaches its end and more tops news this week you may have missed!
Remember, to stay up-to-date on the latest tech news throughout the week, follow @GreenPagesIT on Twitter.
Tech News Recap
- GreenPages and LogicsOne celebrates 25 years of delivering IT innovation
- GreenPages & LogicsOne named 2017 Tech Elite Solution Provider by CRN
- New vSphere 6.5 features put spotlight on security
- VMware updates vSAN with multi-cloud customers in mind
- VMware acquires Wavefront to boost cloud management profile
- Exploring the features and deployment options of Cisco campus switches
- Cisco fortifies storage throughput, analytics
- Behind Cisco’s big play to turn itself into a software company
- Cisco runs out two “critical” security warnings for IOS, Apaches Struts
- Microsoft acquires Deis, open source tool for developers to build, run, move apps between on-prem machines and clouds
- Microsoft patches serious Word bug, used by scammers trying to steal banking logins
- Windows Vista will no longer receive new security updates, non-security hotfixes, assisted support options and more
- Microsoft kicks security bulletins to the curb in favor of security update guide
- Microsoft sets May 9 as original Windows 10’s retirement date
- Fortinet upgrades for better cloud, SD-WAN protection
- Let’s talk about IT infrastructure and emerging technologies
- How can disaster recovery systems use software-defined networking?
- CIO looks at future of the healthcare virtualization, its security benefits
- How to pick the right VDI management and monitoring tools
- Angry Shadow Brokers release password for suspected NSA hacking tools
- Hackers are attacking Word users with new Microsoft Office zero-day vulnerability
- Dallas city alarm hack raises fears over vital system security
- 7 step to avoid getting hooked by phishing scams
- Security data silos: disjointed products = more gaps
- How to detect and mitigate malicious content from the cloud
- Department of Justice dismantles Kelihos botnet, responsible for countless spam and malware attacks across the globe
- Amazon’s third-party sellers hit by hackers
- Suspected CIA spying tools linked to hacks in 16 countries
- 6 common enterprise cyber security threats and how to avoid them
- Shadow brokers dump contained Solaris hacking tools
- Ransomware: Why one version of this file-encrypting nightmare now dominates
- What prevents breaches: process, technology or people?
- Unpatched vulnerability exposes Magento online shops to hacking
- 7 common reasons companies get hacked
Click here to download our recent webinar and find out how to embrace not resist DevOps and transform your IT with a next-gen IT Operations Transformation Framework
By Jake Cryan, Digital Marketing Specialist