Were you busy this week? Here’s a tech news recap of articles you may have missed for the week of 03/06/2017!
The end is near for Microsoft SQL 2005. How the CIA can hack your phone, PC and TV. Is VDI susceptible to ransomware threats? HPE acquires Nimble Storage for $1 billion. Cisco and IBM extend VersaStack to hybrid cloud, software-defined storage. 7 tips to strengthen online security and more tops news this week you may have missed!
Remember, to stay up-to-date on the latest tech news throughout the week, follow @GreenPagesIT on Twitter.
Tech News Recap
- Ransomware: An executive guide to one of the biggest menaces on the web
- Cisco updates and integrates HyperFlex converged infrastructure system
- In another major acquisition, HPE acquires Nimble Storage for $1 billion
- IT Executives believe service management is the key to digital transformation
- Microsoft Azure: a growing presence in the Cloud
- The end is near for Microsoft SQL 2005
- Accept everything is hackable, business told
- Failing to secure DNS is “savage ignorance”
- AWS, Microsoft and Google take different paths to the cloud
- MacOS malware on the rise as Apple silently patches a mysterious new threat called Proton
- Microsoft is doubling their top bug bounty reward, to focus on finding flaws in core Office 365 applications
- New dark web scheme lets wannabe cybercriminals get in on ransomware, for free
- Microsoft’s update shrinking reduces Windows 10 Insider betas by 65%
- How to decide to deliver apps through VDI vs installing them locally
- How the CIA can hack your phone, PC and TV
- Apple to iPhone owners: We’re working fast to block CIA’s IOS hacks
- Is VDI susceptible to ransomware threats?
- Cisco and IBM extend VersaStack to hybrid cloud, software-defined storage
- New wiper malware hits Middle East and Europe
- Securing data in the Cloud
- 7 tips to strengthen online security
- How to close the digital leadership gap
- One of the oldest forms of POS malware has been tweaked to avoid detection
- Cisco’s Jasper deal – one year, 18 million new IoT devices later, challenges remain
- Cloud vendor management services see demand for SMBs
- FBI chief calls for private sector to help battle cyber crime
By Jake Cryan, Digital Marketing Specialist